Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 53 - Dunaújváros

Fresh Nővér is loving it in
Dunaújváros!

Fresh Nővér's email was titled "HO HO HO" and these are some of the things she said this week:

"Regarding the title … no, I’m not Santa saying 'ho ho ho', I’m saying 'snow snow snow' in Hungarian :))) "

"Just another week in paradise. Haha!... But really, if cold and snow are paradise then that is what I am living in. IT SNOWED!!!!! On Tuesday we went up for interviews in Budapest with the President. When we left on the train in the morning there were little flurries and then when we came back ... BAM!!! Winter Wonderland! Actually Peterson called me and said the snow came about a month late ... it came on January 24th and I wanted it so badly to come in December!"

Sexton Nővér and Fresh Nővér ... "It's Cold!!!"

"So Deb [my mom] has some questions ... "

What is your apartment in Dunaújváros like? How does it compare to the other ones you have been in? 

"So you walk into the apartment and there is kitchen on the right and pantry on the left, and then straight ahead is a giant room where we have tables and beds. There is a hall with a bathroom and then another room which is my closet :)  It's so cool!!!! We have neighbors with a new baby that cries all the time. It doesn’t really bother me though … I just think about my new little babies that are coming soon :) [Aimee's sister Sherry and sister-in-law are both expecting in the next couple of months!]"

The Kitchen
The Giant Room
My Closet!!!
The Bathroom

Where in the city is the apartment located? (It obviously has a nice view from the photo you sent last week.)

"So the city has like two parts ... a valley and a mountain (more like a hill). We live up on the hilly part where there are like a million ten story buildings. From the branch house you can get a really good picture of the hilly part that is super pretty. I will try and get one and send it later."

"The rainbow of Duna" ...
some of the ten story buildings she mentioned.

What is the branch like? (Number of members, old or young, friendly and helpful to missionaries or not, etc.)

"The branch is small, but I like it! Everyone is willing to help and so that is great!!!! There are probably only like 40 members that come to church, and there is a good amount of young men. The age scale is pretty spread out with not too many young or too many old." 

Who do you have as investigators right now? What do you do in Dunaújváros to get new investigators?

"We have a man named János. He is super great too, knows a lot, and is just really cool."

"We found a new lady tracting this week. Her name is Marta, she is 77, and soooo cute!!!! I love her! She is "Catholic.” We went back to her house yesterday and we gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read the chapter we assigned her. So that is great. Also we are going to teach her the plan of salvation on Friday because we asked her about life after death and if she thought that was a good thing. She said if it exists then it would be a good thing! I’m so stoked … we are going to change her life!!! Her husband died so I know she will love the plan of salvation!!!"
"We have another new investigator who lives out in a falu (village), Maria ... she is super cool too and she is just searching for peace and all the things the church can give her, so I’m pretty excited for her too."

"We don’t have a ton of work yet, but we will hopefully find some more new investigators this week :)" 

"My favorite sign in Duna... translation
(The world is simply wonderful. Smile! The past and
the future are nice, but the present is hard)‏"

"Other than that I don’t really have much to say. The week was good, we worked hard and had fun. I’m tried but happy its p-day! Hahaha! Thank you all for the love and support and I will try and make you proud :))"

"LOVE YOU!!!!!
Fresh nővér"

No comments:

Post a Comment